Discuss Reasons for premature circulator failure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alex

Good Evening Gents,
Just wondering if any one can shed light on a little problem i'm having with a system.
about 10 months ago i changed a grundfoss pump on a pressurized Ch system (with a megaflo cylinder), as it was completely dead, pump was in a virtually brand new condition inside and customer said system was new 18 months previously. Replaced with a Salus MP200 which has today also packed in after only 10 months, again impeller spins free, power is getting to the pump but its dead. Im thinking the motors might be burning out due to an electrical issue but i'm no electrician? what are the possible causes for premature pump failure? the rest of the system seems in good working order. Looking forward to your ideas and thanks for your help.

alex

To my knowledge (which isnt a lot),

1.I can think of poor quality pumps,
2.electrical fault
3.pump jamming because of obstruction (debris in the pipework)
4.Pump over spinning due to air in system
5.pump having to work too hard as system is like treacle (sludging)
6.Incorrect wiring so pump is constantly running

Im sure there is more reasons but thats what comes to mind.

To my knowledge (which isnt a lot),

1.I can think of poor quality pumps,
2.electrical fault
3.pump jamming because of obstruction (debris in the pipework)
4.Pump over spinning due to air in system
5.pump having to work too hard as system is like treacle (sludging)
6.Incorrect wiring so pump is constantly running

1,3,5 i agree these are the most likely! does system need a bigger pump?

If there is power to the pump and it turns on and off when it should can't see it being an electrical issue. On a system that is 18 months old what was it changed from was it previously open vented. Was it power flushed etc.

I think I'd be looking at sludge or general debris thats not been washed out....

Poor system design maybe, like an S-plan system with no auto bypass... Iv never fitted a Salus pump, but it sounds cheap to me.

I have no experience with Salus pumps but I used to fit their wireless controls about 8 years ago(the ones with the blue lights).
I have never had so many call backs, never again and I learnt my lesson, Honeywell chronotherms all the way.

Fit a decent pump and check the water quality.

Most times it is just the capacitor that burns out which is easily changed if you can be rsed to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reasons for premature circulator failure? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm trying to get to grips with a system I have inherited as a new home owner. I know that single pipe systems are crap and should be replaced...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I trying to understand some settings or the way circulation pumps work. I recently had my Vaillant ecoTEC plus 637 fitted in my loft with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Let me start by saying, my heating works fine. I only know the basics of a system, and this may well be just me and my sensitive...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock