Search the forum,

Discuss Recognise this lavatory flush (photos) Removed it from toilet but cant source it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

365drills

Anyone recognise the make and model of this dual-flush lavatory flush?

TOILET PUSH BUTTON DUAL FLUSH CISTERN SYPHON VALVE

The buttons have siezed and I cant find the source and make to get a replacement.

Dsc_7291-1.jpg

Dsc_7293.jpg

Dsc_7296.jpg

Dsc_7294.jpg

Dsc_7292.jpg

Let me know if this looks familar

(PS I took it off and went into local plumbers merchant - Never seen one before)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it seized or was it not returning to the correct position after flushing.
( water kept passing into bowl )

If the valve wasn't re-seating and kept passing water, you may only need to change the rubber at the bottom.
The rubber has to only expand a little bit to foul the re-seating.
Not sure of the brand you have shown, but can guarantee that many a flushing mechanism has been changed due to expanded rubber seal.

Valve is perfect. Whats happening is the buttons in that cartridge have siezed and worn after 40,000 flushes.

(Used ten times a day for 365 days x 12 years)

When you push the flush the white button jams and fails to release. This is despite cleaning, lubing, de-limescaling.

Hi Richard,

By my calculations, if your figures are correct, the unit has been flushed 43,800 times over that period - excluding leap years.

I would hazard a guess that you are correct in assuming you will need a replacement flush valve.

Unfortunately, I have never seen this exact model, many similar but not the same.
You may want to try and find a universal type that will suit.

Is their not a name on the suite somewhere or some recognizable marking on the inside of the cistern?

Looks quite similar to the Ideal Standard but I think the IS have a grip lock release and this one I have has a twist lock release.

Most flush valves have a twist release - from my experience.

Ins't the grip lock for adjusting the height of the valve for the buttons to reach

Just get a new one and refit new one about ÂŁ14.00 instead of lookin for parts for an old unit CHk

Normally I would agree but the loo is welded to the lino and the tiles with mastic.

It would mean disturbing the enitre fit to pull the loo out of postion to change the entire syphon valve assembly.

I was HOPING against Hope... That because this is an easy change unit (You simply click it left and it pops out) that the very easy nature of the change means the manufacturer also made it easy to source a replacement.

A bit like changing a toner cartridge in a printer.

I am holding out that someone recognises the make and can advise. Otherwise yes it means pulling out the toilet and fitting a generic replacement.

Looks as though it could be like getting a rudder for titanic!! I would just change it to a siamp optima 50 or a fluidmaster flush valve but good luck mate.

you would think these things would have manufacturers details etched into them, its so annoying when they dont bother doing something very simple that could lead to extra sales. Poor business really.

I give em a ring in the morning! (Ta) Its 10.40pm and time for my bed....

Get Fluidmaster from Screwfix.

Clint yes I think you cracked it. That is very close to the model (if not it)

down.jpg

Dsc_7291-1.jpg

I have contacted them.. But not sure they are going to be impressed to send one piece (Two at the most) They probably want to send a container load!! Maybe I will tell them I need a sample.

Hey: Maybe ********* should enter the toilet spares market...

I will also call the uk place this morning.

And I will look at the Screwfix Fluidmaster (but I have to confess to not being a fan of Screwfix after a bad experience dealing with their buyers) But hey life moves on and that loo needs another 40,000 flushes.

Some great news and update (Thanks Aquazone)

So following Aquazones advice I called Lunns and they helped via email.

The parts are not identical.
But the most important thing is the base fitted.
The only issue was the stack was slightly shoerter than the original.
It looked slightly different too.

But for ÂŁ65 I managed to salvage my WC for another 40,000 flushes.

Img_4712.jpg

There was no way of getting this lavatory out without serious damage to the vinyl flooring and the wall behind. It would have been a refit of the loo and the surroundings.

Img_4705.jpg

Img_4707.jpg

Img_4704.jpg

So thank you to all forum contributors.

YOU DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE

Glad you got sorted 365. I still use your diamond tile bits on my jobs. They're fantastic!! :teeth_smile:

Not sure if its Roca but I can say (with excitement) that its been in use for two weeks now and has already been used 70 times.

And on Christmas Day the mother in law had no complaints here in this house [so that makes a change!]

Jaydebryne : Thanks for the endorsement of PORSADRILL! You can get the basic sets from Williams Plumbers [Trade Only]

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/hazellr/*********/Williams%20Plumbing%20takes%20on%20365Drills%20PORSADRILL/porsadrill5.jpg
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/hazellr/*********/Williams%20Plumbing%20takes%20on%20365Drills%20PORSADRILL/porsadrill9.jpg

Or we sell the box sets online:

http://www.*********.com/boxset/cases77.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recognise this lavatory flush (photos) Removed it from toilet but cant source it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock