Discuss Recommend fault finding books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nohope

Can anyone recommend any good books for fault finding on domestic boilers/ combi boilers?
I have recently passed my ACS and CENWAT but lack experience of fault finding!

I’ve seen online Central Heating Combination Boilers? Fault Finding & Repair? is the latest publication from author John Reginald. Just wondering if these books are any good?
Any advice will be gratefully received.
Thanks

I have 2 fault finding books by John Reginald. I would recommend i bought them 2 years ago and did not need to buy anything else.

Can anyone recommend any good books for fault finding on domestic boilers/ combi boilers?
I have recently passed my ACS and CENWAT but lack experience of fault finding!

I’ve seen online Central Heating Combination Boilers? Fault Finding & Repair? is the latest publication from author John Reginald. Just wondering if these books are any good?
Any advice will be gratefully received.
Thanks

out of interest, did you find any good books

pay to go on basic electric and fault finding coarse. well worth it.

im looking into this at the moment rob as i am a trained installer but didnt really touch onto the fault finding side of things very much. Is there any particular courses you recommend? I have learnt alot since joining this site and have been qouted £150 per day for intensive one on one training by a local firm.

im looking into this at the moment rob as i am a trained installer but didnt really touch onto the fault finding side of things very much. Is there any particular courses you recommend? I have learnt alot since joining this site and have been qouted £150 per day for intensive one on one training by a local firm.

Do the baxi course, I did 3 days at about £65 per day, I can't praise it enough, there was a mixture of engineers on course, everyone rated it

thanks richard i did have a look on the baxi site but wasnt sure what courses i should do as there are so many on there

thanks richard i did have a look on the baxi site but wasnt sure what courses i should do as there are so many on there

1) basic electrical, teaches you about using a multimeter, then
2) Combi appreciation, learn about the different parts and how they work, sequence of operation, then
3) boiler diagnostics, learn about fault finding

Courses

there is a 4th course on wiring, which i will do when dartford training centre has been refurbed, it was £67.50 per day (decent grub included as well) if booked online.

i have done a 1 day fault finding course elsewhere, which was good, but prefered it spread out over 3 days with baxi

i am very new to the game, but even the experienced guys on course said it was well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend fault finding books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Just passed my ACS and looking to gain more knowledge in the area of fault finding. Has anyone been on the Boiler Fault Finding course at...
Replies
Views
Hello All, First post here, I confess to being wet behind the ears with Baxi 105e major problem so its Urgent! It started with Flame Failure...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi folks Currently a Service Engineer looking to move onto Repairs. I've been looking for a Fault finding course which also does controls & have...
Replies
Views
Any one got any recommendations, for a boiler fault finding book for a newly qualified gas engineer wanting to learn more about boiler break...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock