Search the forum,

Discuss Regulations!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
In what literature can I find where it say's the minimum distance you are aloud an electrical cable to a gas pipe? I know it 25mm but I just want to know.
Also, where can I get a copy of the building regulations from.
AND where can I read up about flues in voids?

Thanks all.

I'm sure it's in BS6891 PIPEWORK, I can have a look an email you a page if you need it

BS6891-2005
8.16.2 Separation of installation pipework from other services

Where installation pipes are not separated by electrical insulating material, they shall be spaced as follows:

a) at least 150 mm away from electricity meters and associated excess current controls, electrical
switches or sockets, distribution boards or consumer units;

b) at least 25mm away from electricity supply and distribution cables.

Thanks Croppie, Building regs on planning portal is great. Never seen this befor. Very useful. But I can't find TB 017 on the technical bulletins when I log in to gas safe???

Yes kirkgas, snowhead. Cheers, your right. Where can I get hold of British standards? Is there a web site like planning portal but for the british standards.????

Only way I know to access up to date British Standards is via subscription. If you login to your GasaSafe account they offer the service for a fee.

A few of the popular Gas ones are available with the help of Google *cough*

Anything here [DLMURL]https://engineers.User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk/doc/FluesInVoids/TB%20008Ed%202%20-%20Room-sealed%20fanned%20draught%20chimney%20systems%20in%20voids-revised.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes kirkgas, snowhead. Cheers, your right. Where can I get hold of British standards? Is there a web site like planning portal but for the british standards.????

You can subscribe to GSR for some BS docs, for a cost, don't know how much it is as I have access to them all from work
Snow head has quoted from it, but if you need an actual copy of the page let me know

aqumuzem.jpg

Here you go

Steady on Kirky. copy right and all the rest. BS6891 = ÂŁ162 to tell us that, and a little more. Cheaper to use variations of BSI documents like old CORGI books, Viper etc.......

You are allowed to reproduce a page here and there for reference, ( well we do it anyway) I don't pass out full copies due to copyright, but don't kind copying a page if someone needs it to prove their point, I think the copies that are in the libraries can get 10% copied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regulations!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've had a burst pipe under bathroom floor. Ive had it dug up and made safe with the affected pipe cut and end caps fitted. The pipes are cover with a plastic sheet and then screet on top. I called out my gas boiler cover to make a permanent repair. The company they sent out have said it is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for some assistance please. We're having some renovation work done on our house (1970s ex-council). I have just been contacted by out contractor to say they are concerned that the water pipes are plastic rather than copper and that they run through the ceilings (i.e. above kitchen...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor...
Replies
Views
Hi What are the regulations around installing a second hand oil combi boiler, am I right in saying they have to follow manufacturers instructions and building regs? Had people install on and it's positioned where I can't take the rear cover off to reach the condensate. The installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock