Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Relocating Rainwater Vent Pipe Trap - Building Standards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom W

Hello

I am currently assisting with the renovation of a medium sized house which involves converting the existing kitchen area into a new bathroom (Kitchen is being relocated to the existing dining area).
Building standards have sent me a drainage record of the house from 1955 which indicates the existing kitchen sink, bathroom sink and shower drain into a Rainwater vent pipe RWVP which is at the end of the main drainage run. Between the RWVP and the inspection chamber is an SVP which serves the existing WC.
Before we received the drainage record the original plan was to connect the new bathroom fittings into RWVP but we have been advised by building standards that this will be 'trapped' and therefore no Soil waste can connect into it.
We now propose to extend the existing main drainage run past the vent pipe to a new SVP which will serve the new bathroom however the council have sent the following response and which we are struggling to understand.

'The trap at end of line serving RWVP is to be removed and re-positioned off the main line. Indicate clearly on plans'

We have been unable to contact the Building standards officer for a couple of days now and we are desperate to get this resolved so we can get the works started and hopefully completed before Christmas

Is there anyone who could assist us and possibly clarify what the officer requires and suggest where the trap should be relocated to?

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated

Best Regards

Tom

Simple enough.

The RWVP trap (and vent pipe feeding into it) needs to be on a branch off the extended main drain.

They mean the trap is at the head of the drain and as you are putting a new connection up past there the trap needs to come off, a branch put in and the trap put on the branch. Basic stuff really.
You'd be well advised to get your plumber (or a good groundworker) on board to help with this.

Remove existing trap and extend drain run to soil and vent pipe, no trap needed.
At convenient point in this run Tee off to pick up rain water via trapped gully.

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Relocating Rainwater Vent Pipe Trap - Building Standards in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock