Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Remeberance Sunday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Anyone heading down to a parade? I'm meeting down at the shaws corner parade in Redhill if anyone fancies coming.

We're going to one in warsash. Just up the road. Go every year because it's what we did as kids and I want mine to respect it too.

Good to hear it mate, we take the kids with us and meet up with a few of the other guys and there families.

Then beer and roast to end the day:50:

We had the remembrance ceremony in the lodge on Tuesday.

Because I am the primus past master I would've been left on the dais on my own. I decided that it would look better with an empty dais for the hanging of the wreath ceremony, and so stepped down to the sidelines.

The other past masters loved it. It's now been adopted for future ceremonies.

Not as proud a moment as when I laid the wreath last year but fairly close.

My 6 year old grandson popped in today and proudly told me about his class following two minute silence...when I asked him did he know why people do this he replied yes grandad it's to remember the soldiers who died in the wars.....makes you proud don't it...Turnpin

We had the remembrance ceremony in the lodge on Tuesday.

Because I am the primus past master I would've been left on the dais on my own. I decided that it would look better with an empty dais for the hanging of the wreath ceremony, and so stepped down to the sidelines.

The other past masters loved it. It's now been adopted for future ceremonies.

Not as proud a moment as when I laid the wreath last year but fairly close.

Sussex had a big ceremony in the Sussex masonic center which packed the place out!! couldn't make it myself but trying to become more active as (dare I say It) a Veteran.

I will try and get to our local one with the RNLI lads, but everyone is ill at present so muggins has to do the horse chores etc first.

Fair play to all supporters. I've done about 11 silences this weekend, all impeccably observed. Made me rather proud

Can't make it myself today, but the youngest swampette went to Cardiff yesterday for the rugby and said you could've heard a pin drop when 2 mins silence was observed
I watched it on tv and it sent a bit of a shiver through me
Put simply, you can't respect those guys and girls enough
In the states they are virtually worshipped
They should be over here as well

Just back from the local ceremony.

We have moved out of the city recently, and it feels more like the parades I went to as a kid - virtually the whole community turning out.

One old gent slipped on some steps, and there were two off-duty ambulance crew and a nurse there in about 6 seconds flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeberance Sunday in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock