Discuss Remove tap cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I'm trying to replace a leaky tap and have two questions

a) How do i remove the conical tap 'cover' shown as red in the photo. I cant shift it off no mater what i do including hammering with a screwdriver, WD40 etc. Any help would be appreciated!

b) Tap Revivers kit should be ok? See second attachment for detail

Thanks

Attachments

• Taps.jpg
    Taps.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 26
  • tap 2.PNG
    tap 2.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 17
Just need undoing with a wrench that won't mark the chrome (not so much of an issue if you're changing these parts as well). As a cheat I normally used pump pliers with a piece of thickish cardboard to protect the part.

Should be a regular thread, just the first bit may be tight then should fly off

Yup, only issue is when the physical size of the revivers are different to the existing guts, have found that they can bottom out or not screw in far enough. Keep the receipt if coming from screwfix, keep em clean and take them back if no good. Don;t forget to check the seating of the tap body, if this is pitted you'll need a tap reseating tool too

Thanks for the latest comments

I put the new tap reviver in but it still drips just has much as before - about 1 drip per second, even if i do it up v tight.

Any thoughts on what could be the potential causes and associated fixes?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remove tap cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock