Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Removed shower/bath valve from wall, what’s behind it? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I am more or less a complete novice when it comes to plumbing and I need help identifying what kind of plumbing setup I may have in the attached photos. I removed a bath/shower mixer valve to see what was behind it as I want to replace it anyway. From what I can tell there are some brass components but I can’t tell exactly what is there or likely to be there. Are they compression fittings? They are able to move quite freely. I think I can make out a piece of timber behind the hole in the last picture but what this is actually doing I’m not sure. Any help would be much appreciated.
EBF1038C-E33B-4393-9EF3-DA620D12F268.jpeg
6BE94EF0-BCF1-4512-BD2A-825EE487B025.jpeg
B67D6EF0-2032-4C7A-825E-4B20BD9919FD.jpeg
0CDE3B53-17FF-4C1E-AE4D-E98801576B4D.jpeg

Reply to Removed shower/bath valve from wall, what’s behind it? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early...
Replies
Views
L
Good morning, I have a hinged shower screen for my bath that I don't have fixings for. The guide holes in the screen line up with guide holes in...
Replies
Views
Hi im just starting new shower in our new extension. Its a concealed thermostatic mixer from victorian plumb, no instructions. Im putting the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My partner and I recently bought a house and have been attempting to make the bathroom less fugly. I was removing the bath and shower...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock