Discuss Removing airlock in gravity fed pumped power shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to remove airlock from gravity fed cold and hot water fed pumped power shower. Is it ok to connect a hose to a mains tap and attach to mixer hose outlet and force mains water up through the cold side into c/w storage tank & repeat by switching mixer to hot? Is it fine to send mains water through the pump in reverse (I. e. Opposite direction of flow) or will this damage the pump?

Try lowering the shower head into the bath or shower tray then turning it on

Running shower with shower hose removed will often allow air in system to clear.

thanks...will do.

if doesn't work can i still back fill the unit, pump, pipework & c/w tank without damage to pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing airlock in gravity fed pumped power shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a combi boiler for hot water and heating but have 2 showers in the house. Obviously low water pressure if both showers are used at...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock