Discuss Repairing Speedfit pipe behind dot and dab plasterboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryWaite

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all

A lot of new build houses now seem to be done in Speedfit with the plastic pipes running down the walls to a wall plate behind the radiator, then out into the rad valves.

I went to a job a couple of weeks ago where the guy had gone to hang his clock in the dining room and put a screw through one of his CH pipes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357987458.284924.jpg

I cut a section of wall out and repaired the damaged section, however I had to cut a chase into the block work behind the coupling I had attached, as it would have been nearly sticking out of the plasterboard otherwise.

My question is; is there any easier way of doing this, it must be quite a common problem.

Regards

John

My first thought was a JG slip coupler repair kit but they're obviously just as bulky as the regular fittings.

No you did the only thing possible, unless he wanted you to rip out the full run......had the same following a couple of Sky installers

pipes should be fitted over alumillium tape so they are detectable not that most people would use a detector before drilling

Compression fitting, smaller than the speed fit fittings. Still have to take out a bit of the block though.

Good eyes there Vern, they did have tape on but custard did not have detector, only a cordless drill :)

Good eyes there Vern, they did have tape on but custard did not have detector, only a cordless drill :)
Lol Terry every job I have had like this, inc 10 mm copper, has happened as follows......drill hole without checking anything, hit pipes and panic! Last one I had was an alarm engineer on a price, custard rang me direct, I went out and sorted, bizarre thing was alarm guy, was not sorry and made no attempt to stem water flow, ( not even a bucket or bowl) just carried on working according to custard moaning he was behind on installs! Good job water was clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Repairing Speedfit pipe behind dot and dab plasterboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock