Discuss Replacement boiler vent question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yeleek

Hi, We used to have an old back boiler in the dining room, in the summer we had BG into replace it with a condensing conventional boiler. At the time the BG installer said if we didn't want it any more we could put something in the air vent (in the wall) to stop the drafts. With the weather we are having, a lot of cold air is coming through now. Just wanted to confirm its ok to place some insulating material within the air vent to stop the draft? Thanks

Check your boiler installation instructions.
What make & model ?

I presume the flue goes through the wall [ Room sealed]
If so you don't need ventilation & can block it with insulation

Hi, Yes we've a 'flue' that goes through the wall, and also a pipe that goes outside (i believe for the condensation). So sounds like i can block this old air vent? Thanks

Yes you can, but the installers should have left you the manufactures installation & servicing instructions.
Get in touch & ask for 1 if you haven't got 1, it's as important as the boiler, because if you asked an independant GS engineer to repair it, it really helps fault finding.

do you have any other gas appliances in the room, if so please check it is safe to blank off the vent before you take it away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement boiler vent question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock