Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Replacing a 22 Year Old Boiler any recommendations? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house.

11 radiators

1 double 1400mm length
1 P+ 1400mm length
2 P+ 400mm length
7 singles 400mm

1 mains shower average water pressure

Any recommendations on combi boiler and KW?

Boiler budget £1700-£2300

Would a 30KW be enough to heat those large rads?

So many boilers available, feeling a bit lost on the choice.

Only looked at ideal logic C30 and a Worcester 8000 life 30KW so far.

Thanks

Last edited:
Does that include installation? In your figures ?

No. Just cost of the boiler by itself.

Warranty + installation costs separate.

Might be worth upgrading/ updating the single ones depending on age

But

Baxi platinum compact or duotech compact for me

I've replaced the 5 biggest rads as some were full of sludge.
Do you think the 20 year old singles could be adding sludge to the system?

They could and tbh always best to at min flush and clean the system with a new boiler

Reply to Replacing a 22 Year Old Boiler any recommendations? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living...
Replies
Views
I have a 3 port valve Y plan system, with a hot water tank in airing cupboard and a cold water feeder tank in loft. I want to replace the old 25+...
Replies
Views
So I've got a Glow Worm back boiler fronted by a gas fire, at least 15 years old probably a lot more. The water heating makes a row as there is a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock