Search the forum,

Discuss replacing a broken outside bottle gully in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

random7100

Hello. First time post, hoping I can get some help. The outside bottle gully that collects waste water from the kitchen has broken. Doesn't look too bad a job so I'm having a go.

I've dug down and chipped away all the concrete so iI'm now in a position to remove the old gully. I have a replacement ready. When I pull the old gully away from the horizontal pipe, water comes out the pipe. I expected this obv, but will it stop after a bit? It doesn't seem like it will. Do I need to turn something off first?

I have a photo of the setup if needed

sorry for what is probably a daft question!

thanks in advance

Attachments

• PicsArt_06-18-02.16.09.jpg
    PicsArt_06-18-02.16.09.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 69
Just pull it the water will stop.
The water is either just coming out the bottom of the gulley or the drain is blocked

Thanks for the replies. I've tried again and the water still comes out and shows no sign off stopping. I'm reluctant to leave it for too long due to the amount of water going around the house wall. Not sure what to do now

Thanks for the replies. I've tried again and the water still comes out and shows no sign off stopping. I'm reluctant to leave it for too long due to the amount of water going around the house wall. Not sure what to do now

Just get everything ready to swap over so is can be done at a good pace, crack on and it'll be ok!

Oh, and please remember to stay logged in! :)

There can't be an unlimited amount of water otherwise it would be coming up through the broken gulley.

Lubricate the end of the pipe on the new gulley with washing up liquid or soap or shampoo to make it easier and quicker to get into the pipe socket.

It's all gone quiet.... Do you think the OP is still sitting there desperately trying to stop water piddling out of the pipe??? :p

Been sat with my finger in it for hours. Lol no iv wedged the old one back in for time being. Problem is its right awkward to get on and off so won't be able to do it as quick as id like. Ideally need to leave old one off a bit so can chisel out more concrete before fitting new one. I was thinking the same thing snowhead, just doesn't seem that way when it's gushing out ha ha

Sorted, thanks. I just manned up and swapped them over quick. I lubed up the new one and cut off the plastic fins on the bottom to fit it in the tight gap easier. Sorted

Thanks for the update glad it worked out o.k......why not take the opportunity to register and join us here at the ukpf....regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing a broken outside bottle gully in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock