Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing Honeywell st 499 controller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgreen69

I have an old Honeywell st 499 controller with a battery back up that no longer works. I purchased a new battery and asked my plumber to fit it. For some reason this did not solve the problem. I am therefore considering replacing it with the newest version, the st 699.

As someone with no plumbing experience I was debating doing the job myself, assuming that the old unit would pop out and the new one slot into the backplate however have I underestimated the complexity of this task? Should I get a technician to do it?

Thanks

As long as you follow the instructions that come with the controller you should be ok. You don't have to be a plumber to connect it. The plumber or the electrician will probably do it a lot quicker though.

If you decide to do it yourself take a photo of the existing before you play around with it, then at least you have some reference if things don't go to plan.

Also remember depending on how it's been wired their may be some live wires that aren't Colour coded correctly!

The ST699 uses the same backplate and wiring as the ST499. So all you have to do is remove the 499 and replace it with the 699.

Turn the power off while you make the change.

The ST699 uses the same backplate and wiring as the ST499. So all you have to do is remove the 499 and replace it with the 699.

Turn the power off while you make the change.
Backplates can also fail, so be prepared to change both and as said, memorise the wiring configuration if you change the backplate
Or ring a heating guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing Honeywell st 499 controller in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, I'm super-confused.My new ST9400C controller, V4043H zone valves and T6360B1028 room thermostat were purchased as 24v items (eg see ). But the ST9400C wiring diagram, for example, clearly shows that it needs to be wired to a 240v main supply and nothing in the instructions for either this...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a Vaillant eco plus 630, with hot water controlled by a Honeywell ST9100C and heating controlled by a Honeywell CM927installed around 8 years ago. The display is going on the CM927 (seems to be a common problem) so I am planning to get it replaced with the newer version Honeywell T4R and...
Replies
Views
Hello folks - first post here. Last week our faulty Honeywell ST6100C programmer was replaced by a ST9100C, this being the Honeywell-recommended replacement. Our regular heating engineer did the swap because the backplate was stuffed, so a simple DIY clip-on swap wasn't possible (by me at least...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two separate TRVs I have tried, which happen to be... Basic programmable Bluetooth one that uses a motorised push-pin. Old basic TRV with settings 0-5. On...
Replies
Views
Hello - I'm a relatively new owner of an old house here in France that was updated by the previous owner who lives in the UK. He used one channel of a two channel Horstmann C27 to control turning on and off the electric water heater. Given that I'm from the states, I'm not all that familiar with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock