Discuss Replacing upstairs WC pan outflow: tricky exterior location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteday

I have a plastic concertina WC outflow pipe which is perished & cracked (crumbles when touched: don't know how it didn't burst before we bought this house. The pipe goes thru exterior wall to junction of soil stack right at level of start of a sloping roof for downstairs extension. A little difficult to get to & not much space between wall & stack. Junction box covered in bitumen-like sheeting, wrapped like Xmas gift.
Could I work from inside? Cut pipe off, hopefully reach into wall & scrape it out, & glue new pipe to soil pipe or is that fanciful?
Pete

Hi pete,

The flexible pan connector shouldn't be going outside directly into stack. Sounds like a poor DIY job and not an easy fix if you want it done properly.

Either get a professional in to pipe it up properly or, if you are determined to do it yourself, post some pictures so we can get a clear idea of the job.

I cant say yet if flexible connector is directly attached to soil stack. Going back soon so will film & probably remove old flexible & look for junction box flange or an attached short pipe hopefully. JoS 3 2012-02-02 14.44.51.jpgJoS 4 2012-02-02 14.45.04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing upstairs WC pan outflow: tricky exterior location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock