Discuss Reverse auto air vent devise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammyt

Is there a devise that can be attached to a fixed ceiling shower head to allow the water to drain out once the shower has finished being used. There is pipework in the loft that we can attach a devise to.

Im in thinking something that's a reverse of an auto air vent. Or a durgo. Does such devise exist??

So we installed a new aqualisa digital system with a big 400mm shower head fixed in the ceiling.

Randomly the shower will will be heard running, only dribbling out from the fixed ceiling head but can run like this for a matter of 5-10minutes. Sometimes during the middle of the night which wakes them up.

i think it's the water sitting inside the large head dribbling out randomly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 84
you could put something in the bath to quieten the dripping? a thick towel maybe.

A vent won't really work as there isn't enough back pressure from shower to close it or it might work as valve works on floating rather than pressure? Normal Aav on top of pipe, once shower off it will open and allow air in and pipe and head to fully drain?

The trouble is you could fit something in the loft, but the water dribbling is in the shower head, so won't stop it. A small check valve fitted into the inlet of the shower head might help. ( but don't quote me on that)
Toolstation > Taps & Showers > Shower Valves > Shower Check Valve

thanks for the reply. the shower processor is in the loft, the outlet is a 1 meter run to the ceiling head, so I'm thinking of cutting in a tee with a devise like this just above, so when the shower is running with it's built in pump, no water will escape this devise, but when stopped will allow air in to let the shower head drain out fully...? Hope I've explain that correct

A vent won't really work as there isn't enough back pressure from shower to close it or it might work as valve works on floating rather than pressure? Normal Aav on top of pipe, once shower off it will open and allow air in and pipe and head to fully drain?
Might stick open !

Does an AAV allow air in as well? If so that could work.

I remember there being a device fitted onto the bottom of commercial shower hoses around 30years ago when Legionella controls were first being implemented.

Effectively a non return valve which was held closed by the water pressure in the shower hose, but then released to drain the remaining water in the hose when the pressure in the hose dropped.

I've tried searching but can't find them, they may have been prohibitted by later Legionella controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reverse auto air vent devise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock