Discuss Reverse auto air vent devise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm....an aav would do it but they notoriously leak.

i would test it with a cheap bottle type aav and if it worked fit a spiro top to be on the safe side.
Thread a bush onto the aav outlet to 3/4, put a hose connector and run a hose to a hole in the eaves. If it fails then water will run out of that and down the outside of the house, not fill the loft!

Not cheap but you're not exactly using the aav for its intended purpose so i would do that to be on the safe side :)

Hmm....an aav would do it but they notoriously leak.

i would test it with a cheap bottle type aav and if it worked fit a spiro top to be on the safe side.
Thread a bush onto the aav outlet to 3/4, put a hose connector and run a hose to a hole in the eaves. If it fails then water will run out of that and down the outside of the house, not fill the loft!

Not cheap but you're not exactly using the aav for its intended purpose so i would do that to be on the safe side :)

Thanks I will try this.

im hoping if I put the AAV a good meter higher than the processor the majority of the pumped water will go out the shower head and not a lot will be forced up to the AAV.

Ill ill keep you all posted

Aav might scale up but they normally leak when crud in top port. Hose good idea . I was going to suggest dosing pot with two 1/2 trappings and run one to a drain.

Auto air vent are renowned for leaking, you may end up with a ruined ceiling.

How about altering pipework so it rises a couple of inches towards the shower head, then drops into the head.

This will have two effects: 1. When shower is off the weight of water in the head will be much less as the weight of the water in the feed pipe will not be pushing too so less chance of loosing vacuum and dripping. 2. If it still drips, it will be a much smaller amount as the water will stay in the feed pipe and only the water in the head will drip out.

Auto air vent are renowned for leaking, you may end up with a ruined ceiling.

How about altering pipework so it rises a couple of inches towards the shower head, then drops into the head.

This will have two effects: 1. When shower is off the weight of water in the head will be much less as the weight of the water in the feed pipe will not be pushing too so less chance of loosing vacuum and dripping. 2. If it still drips, it will be a much smaller amount as the water will stay in the feed pipe and only the water in the head will drip out.

We've tried this, pipework from the processor rises up a couple of inches before it elbows down to the head, still the same problem, I think it's the amount of water that the large 400mm head contains.

So we put an AAV in the loft as near to the processor as possible, tested it a couple of times and it seems to have done the trick. But we are waiting for the customer to tell us if in dribbles anymore in the middle off the night which is when it mostly does it.

Auto air vent has been in for over a week and I've had no complaints from the customers.... Looks like its worked.

Thank you to everyone who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reverse auto air vent devise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hi everyone, I'm a (somewhat, I hope...) competent DIYer and just want to get some advice if my suspicion on a problem we're having is correct...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock