Search the forum,

Discuss Revoking a CP12 because I haven't been paid. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Hello everyone,

So I have been doing Landlords gas safety checks for a company recently. They sent me about thirty property's to go at. I worked a price out with the person who gave me the work and started working my way through them. I started to work my way through them noticing a pattern of sh*t work, In turn i had to turn about half the appliances off. I kept the person I had been dealing with informed through out that because there where problems with the appliances they would either A: need to be rectified or B: would need to be turned off.
Obviously I could not stand about for hours waiting for a response so I had no choice but to go for option B.
I issued the CP12 as requested along with warning notices and attached stickers to the faulty appliances.

After I had done 10 property's I decided to Invoice for them. I have been messed about now for weeks by the company (it would take to long to explain what has gone on) and have not yet been paid.

I try to ring them everyday but get put through to reception who tells me someone will call you back. That never happens.

I'm owed quiet abit of money but more to the point I have turned other work away to do these jobs for them.

I want to no if there is any way of revoking all the CP12 I have done for them. I wont get my time back but I will make me feel abit better .

Cheers

Hobo.

Once you"ve signed the cp12 that"s it. It"s legally binding.Put it down to experience.They obviously got grief from the tenants so decided to knock you.

This is the reason why they started CP12,s as it gave tennants peace of mind that all gas in the property was safe, and unfortunately the landlords of some of your properties arent keeping things up to standard and its these ones who dont like spending money to put things right that we have the problem with, in my opinion folks not paying bills for work done is just as guilty as joe bloggs stealing out of houses, touch wood ive only had 1 non payer and @ 6grand i hope there isnt another, but unfortunately hobo theres not much can be done , its not right,

Chase the debt all the way, forget about rescinding the certs, they have been done and issued so can't be rescinded by you

pop back and chat to tenants and smell some gas, ring transco and you may get some money up front to sort out the problems, if not someone else will have to reconnect them

there a business dont let it go. send them an invoice by recorded delivery stating 14 days to pay up or court action. if they dont pay get them a summons posted there way. it only costs £100.00

and don't forget to claim for "late payment of commercial debt" and "interest on late payment of commercial debt" it's all legit and can be done at same time as doing small claims or whatever it's called now.

this is why i no say once completed payment up front before cp12 is in there hands, i do get but i need it for my new tenant etc well pay quick or now lol

May not be of help to your situation,

I inform the landlord prior to inspection that the CP12 will be only issued on payment.

However this may lead to landlord trying some one else !

Hope you don’t get stung.

Thanks for the idea of payment upfront for CP12, might just come in handy!

May not be of help to your situation,

I inform the landlord prior to inspection that the CP12 will be only issued on payment.

However this may lead to landlord trying some one else !

Hope you don’t get stung.
Totally agree with this- I don't issue to landlords without payment .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Revoking a CP12 because I haven't been paid. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock