Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Rheem - maximum ignition attempt lockout in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I am getting a lockout due to “maximum number of ignition attempts”. When I power the unit off and on it seems to work fine but eventually later in the day the lockout occurs. One time I did watch it try to ignite and the igniter turned bright red but no ignition and then lockout code... I cleaned the flame sensor rod with steel wool and continue to get the error code. What would be my next step? Thank you

I don’t know. If it was fuel supply why is it igniting occasionally. Can this be needing a replacement of an igniter assembly? I am. Or calling g a gas technician as all they would do is replace the gas control which is simple to do but before I do that want to know what else I can trouble shoot.

Sorry. I initially thought you had an oil appliance based on your name and you mentioned a glow plug. As Simon said best to get a gas engineer out.

Reply to Rheem - maximum ignition attempt lockout in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock