Discuss Rheem - maximum ignition attempt lockout in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I am getting a lockout due to “maximum number of ignition attempts”. When I power the unit off and on it seems to work fine but eventually later in the day the lockout occurs. One time I did watch it try to ignite and the igniter turned bright red but no ignition and then lockout code... I cleaned the flame sensor rod with steel wool and continue to get the error code. What would be my next step? Thank you

I don’t know. If it was fuel supply why is it igniting occasionally. Can this be needing a replacement of an igniter assembly? I am. Or calling g a gas technician as all they would do is replace the gas control which is simple to do but before I do that want to know what else I can trouble shoot.

Sorry. I initially thought you had an oil appliance based on your name and you mentioned a glow plug. As Simon said best to get a gas engineer out.

Reply to Rheem - maximum ignition attempt lockout in the Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months back and have a problem with the boiler (Ideal HE12). It was always a bit noisy (fan) but it...
Replies
Views
Is there anyone out there who has come across this problem. Our boiler locked out so pressed the reset button and it seemed that all was fine. Red...
Replies
Views
I am trying to troubleshoot a Baxi Luna 3 Combi boiler 8 years old, that is not making any hot water. It is in a customers second home, and...
Replies
Views
Our Boiler is a Baxi neta-tec combi boiler,installed 2011 and serviced by the same gas safe firm every year.It has not had the central heating...
Replies
Views
Back