Discuss Right so how much does a gas report normally cost? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becky4

those of you that know a gas guy disconnected our cooker and took the bayonet fitting off because he said there was an internal gas leak in it. ive been on to the company and they said they can't check for a gas leak because the self sealing bayonet fitting isnt connected to the wall it's just been capped off....they said the only other option is that we get a report off the guy that originally disconnected it now he's saying it's going to be 65.00....
1.will the paper work my landlord have for the boiler being fitted say anythink about our gas cooker?
2. is 65.00 normally the price you pay (Birmingham)
3. and should the company be paying for the report if there is an internal leak in cooker?

Hi, when the work was done on the boiler the engineer would have tested the installation with the cooker connected therefore if the bayonet internal seal was leaking it wouldn't show,it would only show when the cooker was disconnected.
Price can't really comment.
If the engineer has removed the bayonet & plugged off to repair a gas leak , they have acted responsiblely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Right so how much does a gas report normally cost? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock