Discuss Roman bath nightmare, cannot fix the leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

That waste does look wrong, almost like a basic kitchen sink waste, an unslotted belfast sink waste might be better. It has a larger flange on the surface touching the tiles. Can you get access underneath?

I’ve already suggested Belfast waste.

If they can’t figure it out, remove section of ceiling below and it will become obvious.

Might be time to get new plumber and tile guys......

That waste does look wrong, almost like a basic kitchen sink waste, an unslotted belfast sink waste might be better. It has a larger flange on the surface touching the tiles. Can you get access underneath?
Yes from the utility room underneath
I’ve already suggested Belfast waste.

If they can’t figure it out, remove section of ceiling below and it will become obvious.

Might be time to get new plumber and tile guys....
I ended up taking a multi-tool and cutting out the ceiling myself because they just kept on skirting around the problem, guessing when they could've had a proper look instead

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-22 at 18.42.41.jpeg

What's the construction of the floor under the bath like, was it re-enforced, is it just a single layer of chipboard?

It could be that the whole tiled floor area is moving under the weight of water (and occupant(s) ) and opening up a leak.

What's the construction of the floor under the bath like, was it re-enforced, is it just a single layer of chipboard?

It could be that the whole tiled floor area is moving under the weight of water (and occupant(s) ) and opening up a leak.
it has three RSJ's holding it up and it was constructed with block and brick. Weight was definitely factored in.

Can you see the bottom of the waste system from your hole if so add a pic

Can you cut a bit more of the ceiling out to gain access?

That is NOT a suitable waste for that situation. End of.

Who did you pay to set it working?

Regardless, might I suggest you write to them to give them 14 days to resolve the problem to your permanent satisfaction. Take advice but in that letter you can say if it not resolved to your perm satisfaction then you will call in other trades people to remove what has been installed and redo it so it is done properly. At that point you will be taking them to court to recover both costs and an additional sum for inconvenience.

Basically, stop bu66ering about with them. In my opinion, the 'fault' is with the plumber not the tiler. The plumber should have supplied an appropriate waste designed for this situation. If they had done so then the tiles would have less of an issue.

In my opinion, the tiles need to be removed around the waste inside the tub too.

Reply to Roman bath nightmare, cannot fix the leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock