Discuss Room stat understanding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muffinman

Right
can somone give me a understand of room stat wiring, so far at work and at college i have been able to blag my way thought it. its a topic that i dont like and will be one of my weekness if i dont come to terms with it can somone please explain a bit about it

many thanks

always fit combis and a 2 wire combi stat, its that simple :)

that would be the idea world but say for instances you have a 3 storey house, you have a unsuite on the secound floor, and you have 1 unsuite on the first floor with a main bathroom as well. on the ground floor you have a ultitly room with a washing machiene that need a hot and cold feed. and you need to zone each floor off to comply with building regs also the customer would like underfloor heating in kitchen and bathroom. your combi with your 2 wire stat isnt much use here.

Don't matter what the system is. A room stat is a switch, it requires a voltage to it and to be able to send voltage back from it. Most controls are just a movement of electricity around a circuit through some switches in a certain sequence.

Logic and practice will give you the understandng.

as you pull out pieces keep them and wire them up in your spare time.

i made up a board with a pump, 3 two ports, a two port , cyl stat, two room stats, wiring centre, lightbulb to represent the boiler.

Got honeywells wiring diagrams and practiced.

i also made a power point up witht he wiring so i could logicly do it myself.

Get yourself on the honeywell and danfoss wiring courses.

Don't matter what the system is. A room stat is a switch, it requires a voltage to it and to be able to send voltage back from it. Most controls are just a movement of electricity around a circuit through some switches in a certain sequence.

ok what about a 3 wired stat how does that work, and also if a room stat has a battery it doesnt need a neutral ?

Hi there muffin man I found the easiest way to understand the motorised valve myth was to draw a flow diagram of where the direction the voltage was traveling like awheating says its sequence of events ie start at fused spur then onto clock etc but the wiring diagrams you get with the zone valves n stats should help,, whats tricky if a spark has done it there own way using wrong wires the way they want can be very confusing,,,

think of a stat like a light switch you have your common then you have an on and an off its simply if its allowing the electricity to pass through

think of a stat like a light switch you have your common then you have an on and an off its simply if its allowing the electricity to pass through

so your common is always there ?

Just curious muffin man but what year are you in at college that they are askin you guys to wire the stats ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Room stat understanding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock