Search the forum,

Discuss Rubbish end to a rubbish week in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

I've had an awfull week. Materials not ordered, jobs not organised and today's job came through at 9pm last night. Back boiler and cylinder out, vaillant 418'and new cylinder in, convert to fully pumped, vertical flue, condense pump. Not a Friday 1 day job! I was already in a foul mood, materials cocked up again. Left home at 6.30am and finally arrived at site at 10am. Boiler to be fitted in kitchen....
image.jpg

I went into meltdown. Told the boss he can shove his job up his arse. He's told me to take the day off and he will ring me tomorrow. The organisation at the company is getting worse and this was the final straw for me. I don't earn enough to work in filth. The whole house was disgusting. You couldn't see any floor or walls!

Im having a beer! (Yes croppie, a beer!) that's how bad it is!

Talk about taking the ****, bosses do like to do things like that sometimes. Thank god its Friday though!

Have a drink Adam and relax ..... Just to make you feel good I have been out of work since February and have had jobs in just enough to pay the bills ..... So have a drink and go back to work on Monday ! It might be not well organised but you have a job !!!

You'd struggle to change the taps in that mess, nevermind fit a boiler. Just relax and enjoy that beer!

Personally I wouldnt work in that mess, by the looks of it somebody needs to call Aggie & Kim.

Have a drink Adam and relax ..... Just to make you feel good I have been out of work since February and have had jobs in just enough to pay the bills ..... So have a drink and go back to work on Monday ! It might be not well organised but you have a job !!!

its a very good point stan. Jobs are hard to come by mate. I care a lot about the company. The directors are lovely hard working guys, but they are taking on more than they can cope with and the engineers are paying the price. All I ask is for the materials to be ordered. I like to start early, not at 2pm. The frustration this week has been building and today was to much. I'm averaging 700 miles a week and not for top money.

What a drama queen!

I've heard less whinging from my missus!!

What's the matter with ya man.

Get a beer down ya neck & a snickers because you're being a right diva & need some nuts!!

:)

What a drama queen!

I've heard less whinging from my missus!!

What's the matter with ya man.

Get a beer down ya neck & a snickers because you're being a right diva & need some nuts!!

:)

i ain't too diva to kick your arse!:19:

Tom beat me to it, I was going to call you a soft tart. Pair of black mamba gloves, big brush and back door open = kitchen empty in 30 seconds :)

You'll be right after beer and sleep.

Tom beat me to it, I was going to call you a soft tart. Pair of black mamba gloves, big brush and back door open = kitchen empty in 30 seconds :)

You'll be right after beer and sleep.

the best bit was the woman wouldn't let us move anything! She was nuts! And can you believe she complained that the council had painted the walls brown and it made the room look dark! The worlds gone mad!

I go in places like that daily luckily I only do service and maintenance so I tell them they have 10 minutes to clean up or they wont have heating or hot water only had a couple of complaints about me telling them their house is a tip. I remember doing installs in places like that though although we did get alot longer than a day.

Most companies are the same at the moment as HA have cut the money right down so the engineers have to do more work for less money. Its good to go mad from time to time though as its the only way people listen I did about a month ago and my life has got easier but they are slowly creeping back into their old ways so its due another one now.

How can whoever does the surveys not of written the place looks like a landfill on the paperwork

What?!?! Seriously, someone actually does a visit before any works carried out & they didn't flag this up as a no go?!?

That is awful! It's because of things like that I now work for myself, used to drive me crazy how unorganised my old firm was. The boss would do a fleeting visit, pluck a price out of thin air, then give me grief for ordering things he didn't pick up on the "survey".

I ballsed up today, last thing I had to do was drill a hole in the vanity unit for the flush button. Drilled it too big, just praying I can buy the upper panel by itself as its a ÂŁ250 unit!!!

I was feeling bad about my week until I saw that tip. Have a few beers on me ! I will be able to settle the tab as a nice Nigerian gentleman will be depositing soon.

I was feeling bad about my week until I saw that tip. Have a few beers on me ! I will be able to settle the tab as a nice Nigerian gentleman will be depositing soon.

Hmmm, what you get up to in your spare time sounds rather dodgy! A Nigerian making deposits?!?!

Into my bank account....or so he implied
Is that a euphemism?

You've got to be careful with these African con men. I mean Kenya really trust the guy? I've heard stories where people have given their bank details to them, then all of a Sudan, their bank has been emptied.

Is that a euphemism?

You've got to be careful with these African con men. I mean Kenya really trust the guy? I've heard stories where people have given their bank details to them, then all of a Sudan, their bank has been emptied.

Oh dear, oh dear.

That's so bad it's actually funny!

I'd like to pretend I'm good at geography, but in reality I just google "African Countries"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rubbish end to a rubbish week in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock