Search the forum,

Discuss Running a combi without hot water. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

It seems combi boilers are now cheaper than regular or system boilers, in some cases by quite a bit. I suppose they make a lot more of them and it is just economics of scale.

Is it possible to install a combi and just leave the hot water disconnected, and/or turn it off? I am pretty sure you can do this with some of the Intergas boilers, but is this possible with most other makes as well?

I've never done it but can't think why it would be a problem.
May be a bit of false economy if you ever end up replacing the diverter tho...
Would like to see an option for using a mini cylinder/accumulator fed by combi too.

Or just run hot water to a single outlet. Kitchen sink or utility room sink or even a shower
I was thinking of putting the boiler up in the loft, and would rather not have to run extra pipes up there if possible.

I had an old Vaillant in a previous house, and it looked like they used the same boiler for system and combi. Mine was a system boiler and it was just missing the bits for hot water, the diverter, exchanger, etc. I am not sure if they are all like that, but it seems a bit cheeky that they would sell the exact same product for more money with some bits removed.

Normally warranty require an outlet for the hot intergas are the only one that doesn’t

Normally warranty require an outlet for the hot intergas are the only one that doesn’t
If I understand this right, the Intergas doesn't have a diverter. Does this mean that the DHW part of the combined exchanger sits empty if not using it for hot water? You would think this would be the worst setup if you don't want to use the hot water, but yet they allow it.

Yep they use a dual pass heat exchanger separate heating and hot water systems

Reply to Running a combi without hot water. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock