Discuss Running a combi without hot water. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

It seems combi boilers are now cheaper than regular or system boilers, in some cases by quite a bit. I suppose they make a lot more of them and it is just economics of scale.

Is it possible to install a combi and just leave the hot water disconnected, and/or turn it off? I am pretty sure you can do this with some of the Intergas boilers, but is this possible with most other makes as well?

I've never done it but can't think why it would be a problem.
May be a bit of false economy if you ever end up replacing the diverter tho...
Would like to see an option for using a mini cylinder/accumulator fed by combi too.

Or just run hot water to a single outlet. Kitchen sink or utility room sink or even a shower
I was thinking of putting the boiler up in the loft, and would rather not have to run extra pipes up there if possible.

I had an old Vaillant in a previous house, and it looked like they used the same boiler for system and combi. Mine was a system boiler and it was just missing the bits for hot water, the diverter, exchanger, etc. I am not sure if they are all like that, but it seems a bit cheeky that they would sell the exact same product for more money with some bits removed.

Normally warranty require an outlet for the hot intergas are the only one that doesn’t

Normally warranty require an outlet for the hot intergas are the only one that doesn’t
If I understand this right, the Intergas doesn't have a diverter. Does this mean that the DHW part of the combined exchanger sits empty if not using it for hot water? You would think this would be the worst setup if you don't want to use the hot water, but yet they allow it.

Yep they use a dual pass heat exchanger separate heating and hot water systems

Reply to Running a combi without hot water. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
I
  • Question
Hi, just a quick question. Do I need to fill my combi boiler to run it for hot tap water only? I'm planning to drain the system and leave it...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hope someone can offer some help with this issue, I have a Baxi 105e works fine no real downside, serviced looked after regularly. Have an issue...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock