Discuss Running pipe INSIDE floorboard? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

And if you hit the live without hitting the earth? The RCD would trip when you got a shock (assuming, of course, the circuit is RCD protected).

Of course, if the metal plate (not shown in the not-to-scale diagram) is thick enough (regulation 522.6.204 point IV), as you say, it'll be pretty obvious and the carpenter will stop hammering so the situation will remain safe even if the metal plate is not earthed.

Then in this case the nail would be live.

came across this a couple of years ago when a bodging bathroom fitter caught the switched live with a shower cubicle fixing screws which meant when ever the lights were on, the frame of the shower was at 230v

his 2nd error was not to make the earth continuous so if he’s caught The live and earth nothing would have happened.

the homeowner was in her late 70’s and a shock of 230 could easily kill

Reply to Running pipe INSIDE floorboard? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. What would you recommend for pipe support whilst running 15mm central heating pipes parallel to floor joists? My idea is to screw wood...
Replies
Views
Hi, I managed to push two 15mm pex pipes through the underfloor space of a second floor. They go (on a straight run between two parallel joists)...
Replies
Views
Hi. This is part of a narrow L-section of an upstairs bathroom in a house I'm renovating. The toilet sits here. I forgot to take a pic whilst up...
Replies
Views
My son has just moved into a ground floor flat in a five-storey mansion block in London, built in about 1905. The bathroom is being renovated and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice on the soil pipe inside or outside, I have searched on google and read couple of forums but don't find the right or wrong...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock