Discuss Rust in pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt1234

Hi

Hoping somebody will be able to help with a problem with my pipework.

I am in the middle of renovating a house and have replaced all my pipe with new copper piping. Everything seems ok except for the hot water in the bathroom sink. When I turn the tap on the water runs brown for about a second or two and there are small particles in the sink afterwards. The hot water to the bath is fine and this is the connection prior to the sink so the rust (which I assume it is) must be coming from between these two points (the sink is the last connection in the line).

The copper pipe is joined by a compresson fitting to flexible pipe which connects to the tap. So with this in mind I can't see that there would be any steel present in the pipes work so I reckon it must be some wire wool that fell into the pipe when soldering together. To make things worse I have tiled the bathroom and so cannot get to the pipes.

So if anybody has any ideas about how I can remove the rust it would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Matt

keep using the tap it will run clean eventually providing you didnt leave the whole roll in he pipe! more likely your incoming main is mild steel and falling apart gradually

Thanks for the reply.

Was hoping there would be some trick of the trade that would get rid of it instantly! But will give it a go (fingers crossed there'd only a little bit in there!)

On the point of the steel main, the pipe coming into the house before the stopcock is lead and I have replaced all pipe work after this. Is the water main before the lead pipe likely to be steel? The house was built in the 1930's. Also, the reason I think it is something in the pipe is that the other 2 hot water taps run clear and are closer to the boiler than the problem tap. Could a steel main just affect the one tap?

Matt

probably not you might have disturbed it with some banging around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rust in pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster...
Replies
Views
Hi have surplus water feed and return pipes in my home. I can't isolate them so will need to freeze. House built 1970's. They're as far as can...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock