Discuss Rusty worcester boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Ztromso

Hi, I'm new to this forum and was looking for some advice.
we have a worcester bosh boiler and have just had a minor repair done,but have been told we will need a new boiler? The boiler is about 5 years old and has some rust it the bottom of the casing and I was told it's been corroded by sulphuric acid condensate produced by the boiler! It is completely dry and hasn't corroded anything else inside,just the casing. Thanks

If its just the bottom then leave it and let it carry on its life but I have not seen the boiler, you have been advised to change it for what ever reason. Maybe get a second opinion from a local Gas Safe registered company

Get a second opinion if your not sure, does seem rather extreme but can't say on here as it needs to be inspected.
I would check the warranty and questioning the original Install if it is in that state after just 5 years.

you can buy a new casing, it will be surprisingly expensive but you can get them

if you do go down that route make sure the engineer who fits it checks why the old one rusted, condensate might be leaking

could be a damaged flue seal, meaning more problems. may be less expensive to replace and get an exptended warranty from the manufacturer saving you the costs of a yearly service contract.

best to weigh up the options.

Sorry to hear this. Did you see the hole? If the casing is lightly corroded its fine, if u can push a screwdriver through it the boiler is immediately dangerous and needs to be shut off. A the engineer has left it on it would suggest he's looking for some work. Get another engineer in who is actually interested in finding leak and fixing it to limit further issues. If u contact worcester they may send out an engineer to have a look ??

Did the engineer condem the boiler, cap it off lable it as immediately dangerous , or at risk , give you a warning notice if not get a second opinion. If there is no actual hole in the casing no need to replace.

Thanks
If its just the bottom then leave it and let it carry on its life but I have not seen the boiler, you have been advised to change it for what ever reason. Maybe get a second opinion from a local Gas Safe registered company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rusty worcester boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock