Search the forum,

Discuss Saints Personne; - Gas Servicing Work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone heard of these ?

Got a random text today, service work in my area £19 a service...

Rang back, more out of curiostiy ...

They didn't give too much away to be honest, but basically the ork being done is for a big player (prob BG)

I said £19 a service, how many appliances - very unlickely more than 1 :tounge_smile:

They emailed me over what I thought would be details etc, but basically they've just asked me for my Gas Cert Certificate, copy of me badge, pub liability, calibration cert of Fga etc...

They are a big player mate. I'm signed up with them, I've never worked for them as I try to avoid agencies but they always text me with work, they seem to have a lot of work in birmingham.

It's an agency mate. Chances are they just want your details on their books.

Cheers lads

Was working with me mate today, he maybe tempted to give them ago on Servicing work

Reckon's you can do 8 - 10 services a day, (it would have to be one appliance only at that rate)

All local work, in same area apparently according to the phone conversation...

Cheers lads

Was working with me mate today, he maybe tempted to give them ago on Servicing work

Reckon's you can do 8 - 10 services a day, (it would have to be one appliance only at that rate)

All local work, in same area apparently according to the phone conversation...

If its council work then you'll never get 8 a day. You have to knock on 8 doors just to find somebody who will let you in. :)

If its council work then you'll never get 8 a day. You have to knock on 8 doors just to find somebody who will let you in. :)

ha

If it was council work, it wouldn't be too bad that

More or less all new Valliants in properties and Elec fires, if you gained access you'd be flying

I agree access is poor but you generally have a list of a few 100 to work through do you can end up getting some in but you soon run out of doors to chap as you need to put a No Access card In them and return 5/7 days later

I agree access is poor but you generally have a list of a few 100 to work through do you can end up getting some in but you soon run out of doors to chap as you need to put a No Access card In them and return 5/7 days later

How does it work ?

They give you say a 100 houses to service, they said over the phone it was everyday ?

do you hgave to do X amount a day, are you on a PDA or something ?

If anything, you could probably get your quota in Mon to Weds, then fall back on your private work the rest of the week ?

If its anything like I've seen you're be given maybe 10-15-20 services per day, usually the access rates are poor, and if they're quiet you'll end up cold calling. £20 seems the going rate for a h.a cp12, with £0 for a no access. If our serious about doing try and negotiate a no access rate.

You'd be surprised how many people are doing it. Far from a "service" though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saints Personne; - Gas Servicing Work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock