Discuss Salamander ESP 120 CPV pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coylumbridge

We have two of these pumps (1 for each of H&C) on the ground floor beside the hot water tank supplying all water to two bathrooms on first floor. Lately they'vbe started switching on for a very brief time then off again as if a tap is being opened when it isn't. Most annoying during the night.

Wondered if anyone has any ideas please ?

Thanks

we have two of these pumps (1 for each of h&c) on the ground floor beside the hot water tank supplying all water to two bathrooms on first floor. Lately they'vbe started switching on for a very brief time then off again as if a tap is being opened when it isn't. Most annoying during the night.

Wondered if anyone has any ideas please ?

Thanks
if these are preasure opperated its usually a dripping taps or ballvale loosing the preasure if you have valves to isolate each bathroom you can try turning them of in turn to narrow it down

Last edited:
Yes

Im sure its flow opperated so if something is dripping. Leaking or passing it will start up. And then as there is too much flow caused by the pump the water will not go anywhere quick enough and as such shut down.

Have a look at all your fittings fitted in conjuction with the pump and pull your cistern lids off

thanks for the help guys - I've tried switching off supply pipes and have checked taps and valves in the past but no sign of drips etc - will try again though just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salamander ESP 120 CPV pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
The previous mixer tap developed a leak. I ordered an exact replacement. The hot &cold tails were too short so I had to replumb the water...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock