Discuss Salamander Negative Pump Pulsing issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

That's not a plumbers work, maybe handyman or diy.

Not enough info on if a negative head shower is required.

How did you keep costs low on the negative head pump?

That's not a plumbers work, maybe handyman or diy.

Not enough info on if a negative head shower is required.

How did you keep costs low on the negative head pump?

Second hand pump

Plumber is the issue and negative head wouldn’t effect / cause the pulsing

I've asked another plumber to quote.

watching plumbers youtube channels they do seem to fit the pumps in the same way so this is a common issue/mistake i'm guessing.

They say the rule of thumb is use a negative head pump if you are getting less than 1Ltr per minute flow, i am getting around 3 Ltr per minute so on that basis i could of gone for a positive head.

Any links to these channels ?

Height of shower and the type of shower is the deciding factor eg pos vs neg

Also neg / universal can be used in both types/ situations

1658736766560.jpeg

so took it upon myself to swap the Negative pump for a positive one as i wasnt convinced the Negative pump was required or wasnt causing the issue.

Now have a positive pump in place and working perfectly.

Looks like (hopefully) i can avoid the fitting of flanges and expensive plumber refits.

Reply to Salamander Negative Pump Pulsing issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
T
plumber purchased and installed a salamander shower pump, pump has stopped working after being used for just less than 6 months. Plumber has...
Replies
Views
J
Vado celcius 2 way divert bath filler or shower, fed by salamander pump, water pressure and temperature to shower outlet works perfectly well...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock