Search the forum,

Discuss Sarah79 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

I'm disappointed guys. This is a good friend of mine who's wary of trades after being f*cked over. She didn't say she didn't want to pay a fair rate for the work, nor did she want to dictate the rate. Just didn't want an £85 call out charge just to turn up to her house...

I was disappointed with the tone of the post. Perhaps an explanation. I don't like being tarred with somebody else's brush. My experience and skills come at a cost. Depends what the call out covers. Mines 45 includes first half hour labour.

If the 85 is for just turning up at the door then yes to me it's excessive.

I was disappointed with the tone of the post. Perhaps an explanation. I don't like being tarred with somebody else's brush. My experience and skills come at a cost. Depends what the call out covers. Mines 45 includes first half hour labour.

If the 85 is for just turning up at the door then yes to me it's excessive.

Fair enough Simon, on re-reading the post without filtering it through what I know she's been through, it seems terse. Sadly, because she's been stung, she's kinda spiky. I know you to be an extremely civil and helpful guy, as is rpm.

Can anybody in the area help her? She's a lovely person who really could do with a trustworthy engineer - you'll gain a loyal customer for life!

For the record, she has no problem with a minimum charge which includes the first hour or half-hour. She's been quoted £85 just to turn up which I don't blame her for being unhappy about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sarah79 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock