Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Saunier Duval Semia Condens F30E Expansion Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pwaring

Hi

I have just had an engineer round to service our Saunier Duval Semia Condens F30E boiler & he tells me that the expansion tank is shot & I will need a new boiler as it uneconomical to replace.

Can I replace this part my self or does break the rules?

I'm told a new boiler is £1200 minimum

Thanks

Well you can not replace the internal boiler expansion vessel as you must not work on the boiler if not gas safe reg
However if it is not leaking you can just leave as is and fit an external vessel on the pipework below the boiler,this will do the same job

I take it the engineer did try re priming the internal expansion vessel ?

It wasn't the greatest boiler in the world, but if that is all that is wrong with it, it should not uneconomical to repair. If there are other problems, then its possible. You don't need many things to go wrong on a boiler before the aggregate cost of repair outstrips the cost of replacement.

Don't work inside the boiler case yourself without being GasSafe Registered, but seek a second opinion, or fit external expansion, as mentioned by drip-dry.

Both above posts have hit the nail on the head. A combination of problems might make it economically sensible to replace rather than repair but I'd be looking at fitting an external vessel as the least-cost option if that's the only issue..

Mind you, £1200 for a boiler swap is pretty cheap...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saunier Duval Semia Condens F30E Expansion Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Glow-Worm Easicom 28 boiler and i had to get a new 8 litre EV (expansion vessel) for it, which has arrived. i did check with the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock