Discuss Scrap prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tonycane

Anyone weighed in any scrap brass/copper recently? What are the prices like? Need to clear the shed :)

Yes, - I took some scrap 2 weeks ago and got £2.65 kilo for copper, £2.60 for brazery plus a cylinder, £1.65 for brass
Sadly the trend is downwards. Chinese aren't buying much

Last edited:
Be glad your not weighing in ferrous it's down at £40 per tonne and batteries (lead acid) are down to £300 per tonne from £400/£450 last year

It used to be a major payday weighing in , not no more !! , it hasnt stopped me crawling on my knees over broken bricks , bits of wood , nails , screws even a dead squirrel this week etc etc to grab a bit of scrap though lol

It used to be a major payday weighing in , not no more !! , it hasnt stopped me crawling on my knees over broken bricks , bits of wood , nails , screws even a dead squirrel this week etc etc to grab a bit of scrap though lol

A man after my own heart, nothing better than free money, even though it's not as good as it was
Now and again you come across a nest of old offcuts under a floor (the older thicker walled copper) it's like Christmas:carolers:just can't leave it there

A man after my own heart, nothing better than free money, even though it's not as good as it was
Now and again you come across a nest of old offcuts under a floor (the older thicker walled copper) it's like Christmas:carolers:just can't leave it there

Oh no you have always got to be a good little plumber and clean it up for the customer :) I don't belive I have ever left and scrap on any of my jobs :)

Oh no you have always got to be a good little plumber and clean it up for the customer :) I don't belive I have ever left and scrap on any of my jobs :)

Plenty of old plastic tanks left in roof spaces tho I bet... With the brass fill valve missing :rolleyes2:

Plenty of old plastic tanks left in roof spaces tho I bet... With the brass fill valve missing :rolleyes2:

Not too many I use F&E tanks in my garage as storage boxes so always remove them but larger tanks have being known to be left but always dry and clean

price has been pants for yonks. wont get any better for a while.

on the plus side a bundle of 15mm is below £50 so cant complain :)

Nothing better than doing a combi upgrade, stripping out the airing cupboard and discovering 28mm copper overflows up in the loft! It's amazing how nimble I can be over the joists stripping out spidge!

Yes its rubbish at the moment, i'm weighing in steel but stockpiling non ferrous for the price to rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scrap prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock