Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Screw for meter test point? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, newbie here. Just wondering if anyone knows of a stockist in the newcastle area where I can get spare meter test point screws from? I can see BES sell a complete test nipple with 1/8 inch thread but noticed a previous post on here which said it was not the correct size. These things seem to be on a mission to get lost!

just call out the providers they do them free,or bes the best bet

Thanks for the reply, I have done this recently as I had a screw snap on me. Just thought that it might be useful to have a few on the van in case of just misplacing the original. Seems a lot of hassle and delay for the sake of one screw! BES only sell a 1/8th size test nipple and screw together (unless I am blind!), is this definitely compatible? Also I am not looking at replacing the whole nipple, just the screw.

When I had one snap, I just called out transco who sorted it out. Not sure where you buy them from though.

If it snaps I definitely will call them out, this is just if I lost the screw when carrying out tightness test for example. I have dropped a couple on to flower bed / lawn before and spent a worrying few minutes trying to find them, if I had of stood on it and buried it I would never have got it back.

Over the piece you need to call out the supplier for various reasons. When the guy arrives hawk some meter spares off him. I always found them helpful that way.

Cheers guys, I will try it on with the BG engineer should it ever happen again! I guess these aren't over the counter items. Thanks for the advice.

Best advice to everone, is try not to over tighten the test point in the first place,Its really annoying when you turn up on the job to do the tightness test and the test nipple breaks off when you undo it. Having to wait around till the ESP turns up. I alway just nip them up with a screw driver and LDF it. Seen loads use the spanner, think that won't help.

try getting the bleed screws for old cast iron radiators major headache went to so many suppliers still couldnt get the screw at the same size!! similar yes but not quite lol, just had to isolate the radiator all together and it wasn't even me that lost the screw!!!!

I've tried to source them from everywhere, even the meter manufacturers. In the end we have removed the whole cartridge and change it with one's bought from BES.

Had the same problem today! do the 1/8 test nipple screw straight in to the meter?

meter niples are soldered on well the one i snapped of was as for loosing the nipple while testing get in the habit of always putting it in the same place i usually stand it on the mounting plate
wouldnt it be nice if bg threaded a hole on the plate as a place for the nipple screw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Screw for meter test point? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock