Search the forum,

Discuss screws arghh! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

had a mate working with me today sent him off to the merchants (on my account) as I was busy gets everything fine but then gets the cheapest screws they sell they are only fit for the bin blooming quick silvers I wouldn't mind but he knows I only use velocity's and because the quick silvers are so bad I now have a hole in my thumb nail where I cammed out of the screw and into my hand !!! rant over ps what screws do you lot use

Anything with torx head usually get mine from Axminster less head failure less slip between bit and screw head. And if anyone other then me works on the system they will do nothing but curse and wish they hadn't got involved! Serves customer right for not using me again!

I use travis perkins "4 trade" I like them , hat ones with the teeth for countersinking, always a pain when hanging rads, they seem to move the bracket! saying that , I will probably use what screwfix or merchants have got on offer next!

Can't beat black japanned everytime.....regards Turnpin:whatchutalkingabout

Whenever I see one reminds me of working with my dear old dad!
se2ute7y.jpg

And what hard work it was!

Anything with torx head usually get mine from Axminster less head failure less slip between bit and screw head. And if anyone other then me works on the system they will do nothing but curse and wish they hadn't got involved! Serves customer right for not using me again!

Chances are ......sod you

I was sent to a place being gutted near midkent medway, rads and pipeclips ect ect was done with torx !
all i had was my sodding torx allen keys!!

Chances are ......sod you

I was sent to a place being gutted near midkent medway, rads and pipeclips ect ect was done with torx !
all i had was my sodding torx allen keys!!

unlikely people down there can't afford me lol or shampoo for that matter

If you buy bulk duo tool are cheap they were even throwing in an aeg impact driver a year back

If you buy bulk duo tool are cheap they were even throwing in an aeg impact driver a year back

Duotool are an awful company to deal with though, or at least were about 8 years ago. It was all cheap tat as well, and trying to return stuff was impossible. Never again.

In fact they phoned me the other day saying it was under new management blah blah, told them where to go.

You need calluses on your hands for those babies :wink:

They still use them in the colleges for the apprentices to screw the pans down with the brass screws, haha they look at them as if they are covered in **** when they are asked to use them

No ratchet, one of those drivers you flip the shaft for Phillips or flat head "a pleasure"

on the subject of screws what size do folks use for screwing toilet to concrete floor been looking at getting stainless steel ones but to expensive to carry different sizes at £17 a box

I'd say you get a fair bit of pleasure when you flip your shaft alright !! ooooooooh maaatron

on the subject of screws what size do folks use for screwing toilet to concrete floor been looking at getting stainless steel ones but to expensive to carry different sizes at £17 a box

These Turbo Ultra A2 Stainless Steel Countersunk 6.0 x 80mm Pack of 100 | Turbo Ultra Screws | NoLinkingToThis
But i prefer these
Traditional Brass Countersunk Slotted Screws 12 x 3" Pack of 100 | Brass Countersunk Screws | NoLinkingToThis

You can get them cheaper here
SCREWS LINE - Suppliers of woodscrews screws fixings building supplies and other multi-purpose materials to trade, education and the public at low prices

I use brass 2/12" OR 3" screws. Vital to get the hole and the plug size right as the buggers bend and twist when driving them in otherwise.

These Turbo Ultra A2 Stainless Steel Countersunk 6.0 x 80mm Pack of 100 | Turbo Ultra Screws | NoLinkingToThis
But i prefer these
Traditional Brass Countersunk Slotted Screws 12 x 3" Pack of 100 | Brass Countersunk Screws | NoLinkingToThis

You can get them cheaper here
SCREWS LINE - Suppliers of woodscrews screws fixings building supplies and other multi-purpose materials to trade, education and the public at low prices

will try the stainless thanks been using normal screws but sometimes they feel as if they will shear as the plugs are tight

I use brass 2/12" OR 3" screws. Vital to get the hole and the plug size right as the buggers bend and twist when driving them in otherwise.
[video=youtube;eIrLBsWH2-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIrLBsWH2-E[/video] :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to screws arghh! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock