Discuss screws arghh! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

woodytheplumber

had a mate working with me today sent him off to the merchants (on my account) as I was busy gets everything fine but then gets the cheapest screws they sell they are only fit for the bin blooming quick silvers I wouldn't mind but he knows I only use velocity's and because the quick silvers are so bad I now have a hole in my thumb nail where I cammed out of the screw and into my hand !!! rant over ps what screws do you lot use

Anything with torx head usually get mine from Axminster less head failure less slip between bit and screw head. And if anyone other then me works on the system they will do nothing but curse and wish they hadn't got involved! Serves customer right for not using me again!

I use travis perkins "4 trade" I like them , hat ones with the teeth for countersinking, always a pain when hanging rads, they seem to move the bracket! saying that , I will probably use what screwfix or merchants have got on offer next!

Can't beat black japanned everytime.....regards Turnpin:whatchutalkingabout

Whenever I see one reminds me of working with my dear old dad!
se2ute7y.jpg

And what hard work it was!

Anything with torx head usually get mine from Axminster less head failure less slip between bit and screw head. And if anyone other then me works on the system they will do nothing but curse and wish they hadn't got involved! Serves customer right for not using me again!

Chances are ......sod you

I was sent to a place being gutted near midkent medway, rads and pipeclips ect ect was done with torx !
all i had was my sodding torx allen keys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to screws arghh! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back