Discuss Securing My Shower Bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MSF

I have had a shower cabin sitting about for a while which I have finally got round to fitting. I did open everything on receipt to ensure all parts were there, but it has since laid for 6 months in my very untidy garage. Everything has gone well although I have had to replace the very cheap looking flexible wast with hard piping. At the final hurdle I have hit a snag I cannot find the fittings that secure the mixer bar to the rear screen. The Instructions show a rubber washer and what is described as a backnut but in honesty looks like a standard nut. The difficulty I have is the tals then have elbows to the flexible feed pipes. Once the elbow is fitted (without to mixer bar retaining nut there is only a gap of 8mm between the screen and the the elbow. This would mean I need a nut and washer of 8mm combined thickness. Can you advise:

• Is it possible to easily buy such a nut?
  • Is the washer necessary or can I use silicone to stop water coming through from the shower?
  • Is it possible to buy longer tails?
  • Are the covering cones behind the bar available that are less than 20mm deep allowing more protrusion at the back?

Or is there a simpler answer?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Securing My Shower Bar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some...
Replies
Views
L
Good morning, I have a hinged shower screen for my bath that I don't have fixings for. The guide holes in the screen line up with guide holes in...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock