Currently reading:
self employment company names

Discuss self employment company names in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all and happy new year !!

well a new year and new venture for me,,, self employment

have set my bank account up etc and need a name for my business, was orignally thinking of just using my name, ie C.Dodds gas heating services or something along them lines but im not sure but should i go for a proper name to make it look more like a bigger business or stick with my name so people no i am a sole trader??

any advice apreciated

I like the name of the plumber in the VW ad on tv.

Lee King Plumbing Services!

lol,, thats a good one i never noticed it, well i live in telford and the local council is wreakin housing trust, i did want to call myself wreakin gas and heating but then thought maybe i would get in trouble for having a similar name to the council! not sure on the law

my pal keeps telling me to call myself addigas or PMT for plumbing maintainance team lol

I bought a van and some tools before I had a company name and the VAT office would not allow me to claim the vat back because I bought them in my own name not the companies?????????????

I bought a van and some tools before I had a company name and the VAT office would not allow me to claim the vat back because I bought them in my own name not the companies?????????????

makes sense to use your own name in that case, although you must have had a pain of a vat man, my response would have been to sell the company my tools at start up.

thats my thinking or C. Dodds gas services! i have soooo much to sort out its quite daunting really :(

Cd gas services sounds like"Seedy gas services" when you say it!!

'The radiator bleeder' is my favourite local firm name, personally i'd use the last name on its own at the start of the title, says family run business but possibly bigger than just a 1 man band so you'll potentially get more leads

my pal keeps telling me to call myself addigas or PMT for plumbing maintainance team lol

Class !! :D

Have said before ,within reason it does not matter about the name as much as the service you give,that,s what brings the calls and work in,I find most customers ring and ask for me by name not company name,only time company name comes up is in a contract or payment,that why I kept mine short,just a few letters

Can a sole trader have a company name different from his name and then set up bank accounts/accept payments in the company name? Or do you have to have a limited company to allow this to happen.

Yes your names can be different. I'm a sole trader and my business title doesn't incorporate my name. The bank,merchants etc use both names on accounts

sole trader can have a name,bank account stays the same,just called joe blogs t/a (trading as) puddles puddle makers,payments can then be made into account under both names,your own and company name

I hatte it when people use their own name - it kind of shows lack of imagination . . .

There is a scaffolding company down here called 'Firm Erections'!

I am not sure if you want proffessional, that taking the pee is the best idea though . . .

It took me ages to think of my name, which I am very happy with - best get it right and think hard though, as you are kind of stuck with it once you start using it!

Hi. When considering your trading name. It may be worth thinking about a name that can be supported via an image for van, stationary etc. As this form of marketing works by informing potencial clients of your services pictorially.

I live in telford and im a trainee plumber , wrekin housing trust is an housing association , telford and wrekin are the council so you would be alright using that name .

Round Plumbing Services? As in round the Wrekin ... perhaps not ...

Wrekin? It's only 2 letters away from wrecking,not a great word to be using when working in peoples houses!

Maybe I'm just being picky now!!

Wrekin, how is that pronounced, Reeking? sounds a bit smelly too lol.

SafeGasInstall - is actually my trading name,but when people call they don't even mention my business name ......they just ask for my name

hi all and happy new year !!

well a new year and new venture for me,,, self employment

have set my bank account up etc and need a name for my business, was orignally thinking of just using my name, ie C.Dodds gas heating services or something along them lines but im not sure but should i go for a proper name to make it look more like a bigger business or stick with my name so people no i am a sole trader??

any advice apreciated

what bank did you open a business account with ?

I think I'm going to go with Santander, I've heard they offer free business banking forever and you only get charged if you cash in more than 300 cheques a month ?

I'm using the free banking with Santander, you get what you pay for! There is no counter service, you have to deposit everything at the cashpoint, can be a pain as the machines don't give envelopes out. I think I've been in complaining at this restriction more than I've used the cashpoint and they end up taking it over the desk, as I say to them, way restrict the money going into the account! Lucky most my customers pay using direct transfer. If I had a larger turnover I'd move to a paid dervice with more features, but for starting out its great.

im using hsbc they offerd me 24 months free banking then after 24 months there is still a option to keep it free if you dont cash in over 2k a month in cash and 40 cheques i think the figures were! but tbh 24 months free sounded good i bank with them personally also, so all in the same place for convienience for me,,

and as for wrekin it is pronounced reekin but everybody local knows its the area name like tyne and wear is to newcastle so nobody would think of it as a smell, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to self employment company names in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock