Discuss self employment company names in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all and happy new year !!

well a new year and new venture for me,,, self employment

have set my bank account up etc and need a name for my business, was orignally thinking of just using my name, ie C.Dodds gas heating services or something along them lines but im not sure but should i go for a proper name to make it look more like a bigger business or stick with my name so people no i am a sole trader??

any advice apreciated

I like the name of the plumber in the VW ad on tv.

Lee King Plumbing Services!

lol,, thats a good one i never noticed it, well i live in telford and the local council is wreakin housing trust, i did want to call myself wreakin gas and heating but then thought maybe i would get in trouble for having a similar name to the council! not sure on the law

my pal keeps telling me to call myself addigas or PMT for plumbing maintainance team lol

I bought a van and some tools before I had a company name and the VAT office would not allow me to claim the vat back because I bought them in my own name not the companies?????????????

I bought a van and some tools before I had a company name and the VAT office would not allow me to claim the vat back because I bought them in my own name not the companies?????????????

makes sense to use your own name in that case, although you must have had a pain of a vat man, my response would have been to sell the company my tools at start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to self employment company names in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock