Discuss Service without manufactures instructions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajsplumer

Hi guys, I'm a newly qualified gas engineer, and new to the site thought I'd add a post, I'm constantly finding people ask me to service their boiler but they do not have the MI is ther any tricks u guys have to get around this eg finding out wt pressures should be? Cheers ant

As above, i always copy the data plate to my notebook for reference on other jobs.

Yeh, cheers guys probly should of made it a little clearer I ment if the data badge is unreadable or missing, cheers for the responce

www.centralheating.co.uk/boiler-manuals

this site has the majority of boilers manuals and also has the FGA readings that you should expect from boilers which is useful - could print them out if needed

also you can phone manufacturers for MI's they are free as well

Yeh, cheers guys probly should of made it a little clearer I ment if the data badge is unreadable or missing, cheers for the responce

with all due respect you have said you are newly qualified, so how do carry out all the safety checks required with out a data badge or MI? this scenario is covered in the IUP and should lead you to classify the appliance as AR, as you CANNOT confirm it is working safely or that the tests you are carrying out are done properly from the right place, please take care, as others have said the data plate gives relevant info but not ALL info, if you are completely comfortable working on an appliance (by having worked on them many many times to learn alll the tests) then you need the MI

Always try and get the mi from the internet etc, have a look through them the night before, it will save you from looking stupid when 25mins later you still havent managed to take off the fire front.

Cheers for the responce website will b usefull, I'm confident to work on appliences that's not realy my issue Im always carefull though to stay on the caution and safety side rarther than take the it will be ok attitude. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service without manufactures instructions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock