Discuss Servicing oil fired range cooker/boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killy Bing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Alrighty guys!

me and rob have an alpha range cooker/boiler on oil with ecoflame burner setup to service.

it hasn't been serviced in two years (yay)

i have only serviced one pressure jet aga with another engineer (and he did sod all bar change the nozzles and hoses)

so what to look out for while doing pressure jet agas ect ect?

i'l order fire cement, rope seals +glue and any gaskets i can find tonight.
need to grab some copper grease and plus gas for it too i think.

any hints and tips welcome!
i'm sure rob will add to this tonight

I got nothing other then it scared me so I ran away.

Original all fault was no heating (faulty time clock) on an alpha can you work on it he said. Me thinking it was an alpha cb or something agreed anyway I'm committed now so roped billy in as my oil consultant and you guys will be the think tank

Don't forget to pull the plate off the top, well that's what I did. Easier to get all the chit out and they'll probably be a lot of it.

treat it like a normal boiler, dont knock the ceramic insulation about, def dont knock the enamal finish, whip out any baffles and clean, look up online whether to set up the cooker or boiler first and dont break any of the oven thermocouples etc. If the owners say it hasnt been serviced for two years then normal rules appply and expect it to be broken as its not been touched for at least 6 years and your only there as it wont work.

treat it like a normal boiler, dont knock the ceramic insulation about, def dont knock the enamal finish, whip out any baffles and clean, look up online whether to set up the cooker or boiler first and dont break any of the oven thermocouples etc. If the owners say it hasnt been serviced for two years then normal rules appply and expect it to be broken as its not been touched for at least 6 years and your only there as it wont work.

You old cynic :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Servicing oil fired range cooker/boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock