Discuss servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Was wondering if anyone knows if the bigger companies charge housing associations for tennants not being in at properties when services have been pre booked to suite tennant being available for entry to service appliances.
if i get offered a day of servicing i usually get a list of 8 properties but sometimes get no entry on 4 or 5 of these as tennants have decided to go out on a jolly for the day.Would connaught for example charge for wasted time???

no not normaly, if you are a subby i dont think you will get paid for No access....thats how it is where i am.

i have done loads of these contracts and you get paid on production of the CP1, that type of contract usually involves giving a price to carry out the service allowing for up to 3 visits, so whoever prices it has to make a guesstimate of how many properties will be no access, if you price every house for 3 visits you wont win the contract, if you price it for access on first visit for every house you will lose a fortune, only after the 3rd access visit will an extra payment be paid, usually at that time it has become a forced entry with police and joiner and a seperate works order is issued, "swings and roundabouts" is the phrase

That's how it is in our housing association. Wish I could change it because the engineers only get paid for what they do; not all the diesel wasted going hither and tither for no-show tenants.

When I had to do a few for a landlord through a housing association I asked for tenants numbers so I could ring first,they would not give and quoted freedom of information act,said were not allowed.I did my freedom of walk act

Well todays example only managed to get in 4 out of the 8 properties , returned to the ones later to try gain access with still no joy ,phoned up the ones had numbers for only to be told by one that its a sunny day so they went out and other said couldnt be bothered to wait around even tho i was on an appointment schedule . Makes you wonder why bother sometimes as only burnt up fuel .

Honeywell do a programer that cuts the boiler when it's due a service, you can set it so after the cut off they can have an extra 24 hours or you can set it so they have to keep boosting it every hour, you can set it how you like. They said they have a lot of housing associations on it now and they've saved a fortune as they no longer have to pay for recalls or forced entries

Well todays example only managed to get in 4 out of the 8 properties , returned to the ones later to try gain access with still no joy ,phoned up the ones had numbers for only to be told by one that its a sunny day so they went out and other said couldnt be bothered to wait around even tho i was on an appointment schedule . Makes you wonder why bother sometimes as only burnt up fuel .

Thats the trouble if all seems ok tenant does not want to know,slightest problem and want you straight there :(

Honeywell do a programer that cuts the boiler when it's due a service, you can set it so after the cut off they can have an extra 24 hours or you can set it so they have to keep boosting it every hour, you can set it how you like. They said they have a lot of housing associations on it now and they've saved a fortune as they no longer have to pay for recalls or forced entries

Danfoss do them too. We use the FP715si. The newest version allows you to programme cut offs. Everything from full cut off (no operation at all) to such things as H/HW for 15 mins of every hours. Not effective in this weather and when the tenant has an immersion.

I don't think any of them charge - Connaught never as I used to work for them and some days all I would do is knock on doors, especially in the rougher areas. Some people don't like you in their home for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock