Discuss Should a water arrestor be banging? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I had a problem with water hammer where the pipes in my house would bang every time I turned a tap off quickly.

I called a plumber and he advised fitting a water arrestor, which I'd heard about after looking the problem up online, so I agreed and had one fitted.

The banging sound has gone when I turn the taps off but I now get it when I turn them on. There's a noticeable BANG from the arrestor whenever a tap is opened quickly. I asked the plumber about it and they said it's just the arrestor working and it takes the bang when the taps are turned on so I won't get it when they're turned off.

Is it normal for a water arrestor to bang like this?

Did he set it for your water pressure?

The pressure inside the arrestor needs to be set slightly lower than the incoming water supply to take up the expansion and contraction ?? It won't cure badly fitted pipe noise. Kop

Reply to Should a water arrestor be banging? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens...
Replies
Views
About 9 months now, started suffering intermittent but frequent hydraulic shock thwacks, sometimes very violent, below Harvey's water softener in...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock