Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shower installation - Hole in tile and small gap in casing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Opti

Hi all,

I've just had an electric shower installed but I'm unsure if I have a problem. The plumber mentioned that the pipe was on the wrong side and couldn't easily be moved so he has installed it the best he can but there is an exposed hole in the tile and also the casing hasn't quite closed:

LWtgPnA[1].jpg

I wanted to check whether:

(a) water could get in through the hole in the tile (first red circle) and cause problems or
(b) whether the very slight gap on the casing (second red circle) could cause any issues.

If there is a problem, what are the possible solutions?

Thanks,

Dan

a) yes. Fill it with some silicone or grout
b) not very clear what gap is there from the photo but generally no.

A it forward thinking and you could have had a shower that would have covered everything. Tritons, mira jump anong others.

Your mira sport is only really suitable for a direct replacement or a new 1st time install as the pipe is fixed to the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower installation - Hole in tile and small gap in casing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock