Search the forum,

Discuss Shower is always cold in the morning, but taps are warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommtomm

Hi there all,
My wife is giving me huge grief about the shower please help.
Ever since installing a new water tank as the old one was leaking, the hot water in the shower has become crazy.
Hot water in all the taps, but as soon as I turn the shower on in the morning, the best it gives out is slightly warm. I run it for 5, 8 minutes and still nothing, I turn it off and leave it for 15-20 minutes before turning it back on and I have nice hot water.

Please help me I am guessing there might be some blockage but it doesn't make sense, why it gives hot water after 20 minutes and not before.
This has been happening 90% of days.

Eternally grateful for any help.

Tom

Hi. It dont add up? If it works fine and then not, it unlikely to be a static blockage (an odd sock floating about in the CWS Cistern can have this effect) It may be on the end of an exceptionally long run of pipe?
It could be starved by the use of other hot taps whilst using shower.
I am assuming its a hot water cylinder isfeed from a CWSC. And heated via a boiler or immersion heater?

What kind of shower valve is it? If its thermostatic my money is on something stuck in the cartridge. Id take that cartridge out and check it, flush the pipework and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower is always cold in the morning, but taps are warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock