Discuss Shower is always cold in the morning, but taps are warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommtomm

Hi there all,
My wife is giving me huge grief about the shower please help.
Ever since installing a new water tank as the old one was leaking, the hot water in the shower has become crazy.
Hot water in all the taps, but as soon as I turn the shower on in the morning, the best it gives out is slightly warm. I run it for 5, 8 minutes and still nothing, I turn it off and leave it for 15-20 minutes before turning it back on and I have nice hot water.

Please help me I am guessing there might be some blockage but it doesn't make sense, why it gives hot water after 20 minutes and not before.
This has been happening 90% of days.

Eternally grateful for any help.

Tom

Hi. It dont add up? If it works fine and then not, it unlikely to be a static blockage (an odd sock floating about in the CWS Cistern can have this effect) It may be on the end of an exceptionally long run of pipe?
It could be starved by the use of other hot taps whilst using shower.
I am assuming its a hot water cylinder isfeed from a CWSC. And heated via a boiler or immersion heater?

What kind of shower valve is it? If its thermostatic my money is on something stuck in the cartridge. Id take that cartridge out and check it, flush the pipework and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower is always cold in the morning, but taps are warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help My shower is warm, but when I flush the toilet or leave the cold tap on, if gets Hotter. The temperature I imagine a shower...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Back