Discuss Shower tray sealing in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Just fitted a large and heavy stone shower tray onto a mortar bed. I forgot to run silicon sealant around the edges, before tanking with liquid latex and adhesive repair tape from Aquaseal. The tape overlaps onto the shower tray, making a waterproof seal all around it. Do I now need to cut the tape, put silicon sealant in the gap between the shower tray and the wall, and then re-tape and tank? Expensive given the price of the tape, and it looks to me like I have a good waterproof seal now.

Just fitted a large and heavy stone shower tray onto a mortar bed. I forgot to run silicon sealant around the edges, before tanking with liquid latex and adhesive repair tape from Aquaseal. The tape overlaps onto the shower tray, making a waterproof seal all around it. Do I now need to cut the tape, put silicon sealant in the gap between the shower tray and the wall, and then re-tape and tank? Expensive given the price of the tape, and it looks to me like I have a good waterproof seal now.
When you tile, they will also overhang the tray and you will put sealant underneath them; normally leave a 3mm gap. If that’s what you’re doing, then you have two layers of protection and I would’ve thought that will be fine.

Reply to Shower tray sealing in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back