Discuss Shower valve: seized temperature control. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The temperature control on a shower valve has seized (in mid position) preventing adjustment. I have removed the cartridge and immersed it in a bowl of white vinegar for a couple of days but the control still refuses to budge. Is it wise to squirt WD40 (or some specific release oil) into the internals to free-up the mechanism?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Well I initially tried a small amount of WD40 but this had no effect after 24 hours. So a rather more liberal squirt and a couple of nights later the cartridge control operates. Whether this could be relied on for long-term service is arguable but I am sure it will be fine for a short period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower valve: seized temperature control. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
Thanks in advance for any advice. We have a Lefroy Brooks XO concealed thermostatic valve shower and Worcester Heatslave 20/25 combi oil fired...
Replies
Views
Nathalie
N
A couple of issues I’m hoping can be solved here! The shower in our en suite is far too hot, and the temperature control just feels loose i.e...
Replies
Views
I have an obsolete Tre Mercati "Marina" shower valve. Replacement cartridges not available. The inner, temperature control knob works OK but the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, This is my first post, hope you will help me with my questions. At home I have a megaflow system feeding a downstairs shower and upstairs...
Replies
Views
Good evening chaps Having issues with this new valve. It is serving four body jets, all tiled now (waiting for the 14 day grout cure before full...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock